Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening docs from OnDemand server

Status
Not open for further replies.

needassistance

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2002
IE
Can anybody tell if the following is possible:

I need to create reports for 250 individual users and publish them to the OnDemand server. The approach I would like to take is to create one generic dashboard document that I can publish for each user along with their individual reports. For this to work I will need to somehow generate the name of the detail document to be opened from the dashboard/EIS. I will know the documents physical name but do not know if I can access it from the dashboard through the OnDemand server.

I would really appreciate any feedback on this, as if this approach does not work not sure how to solve my problem

Can you supply some more info? Are all the reports basically derived from the same data? Are they going to be generated on the fly each time a user logs on?
It sounds like 250 separate reports is a little overwhelming to handle from one document, and I don't think you can reference a separate report section - it has to be from the active document. You would have to save 250 reports on the ODS hard drive, hyperlink to them using code like:

var MyURL = "MachineNameorNumber/ods-isapi"
Application.OpenURL(MyURL + "/Reports/BrioUser249Rpt.pdf","_new")

and these would be static reports - not updatable through Brio. This code will open up the referenced doc in a separate window, so when they leave the report they will return to the Brio Document. Any way you go, you have a lot of "publishing" to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back