Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening CR2008 exported XML in Excel 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJRBIM

MIS
May 30, 2003
CA
Once again having an issue with exporting a "Highly-Formatted" Crystal Reports 2008 file to EXCEL format.

Not sure what I hate more the EXCEL export routines from Crystal, or the customers who love the PDF version of the export - and want it to be "exactly" the same in EXCEL format.

I have read all the old "Best Practice" Crystal documents around formatting for Excel exports.

Columns are exporting OK - but Row height is all over the place because the "Can Grow" option is turned on for most fields, and some of the Group Headers have the "Underlay Following Sections" option turned on.

It is not meeting their Spec - and I don't think it will given the current EXCEL export routines.

Since I have hit a wall - I am wondering if the XML export is a better way to go...?

Anyone had success with opening the Crystal XML exports in Excel...? How much of the formatting is carried over...?

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back