Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening and closing Internet Explorer from Access (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogart

Technical User
Oct 1, 2001
US
I have a simple Access DB that people use to sign into some public access computers that I am responsible for.
The process is simple. They type in a bit of personal information on an Access form, then click on an Access command button that launches Internet Explorer. So far, so good.
The glitch is that once Internet Explorer is open I have no way of telling the user to close Internet Explorer and return to the Access sign-in database (form) screen when they are done interacting with the website on Internet Explorer.
I absolutely cannot alter the web page or alter anything in Internet Explorer. Those just aren't options availble to me. I was hoping that you folks might be able to throw a suggestion or two my way. I'm no great Access developer, so any advice or help would be very GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thanks!!!
D Smith

The only thing I can think of is to pop a message box telling them this when they click on the button:

CommandButton OnClick()
Msgbox "Type message here", vbOkCancel

In theory this will present the user with an ok/cancel message box & you can replace the text with the message you would like them to be given....

hth James Goodman
j.goodman00@btinternet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back