Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening an Indesign file in Quark 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

proproductsjim

Technical User
Aug 30, 2004
US
I was talking to a Quark tech guy today on another issue and he happened to mention that it was possible to Open InDesign files in Quark. I know the reverse is possible as I have opened Quark 4.0 files in InDesign.

Anyway, my version of InDesign is 2.0.2 and I have a file on my desktop that is a later version (InDesign CS) and I can't open it with my InDesign. So I thought I would try to open it with Quark since the Quark guy told me it can be done.

Yet when I went to File>Open and looked for my InDesign file on the desk top, it was grayed-out and could not be opened....and wasn't even available for opening.

Anyone had experience opening InDesign files with Quark 6.0 or 6.1?

I don't think you can. Markzware have a product called ID2Q that can convert InDesign files to Quark ( ) but it only supports up to InDesign 2. I've never tried it, but they say on their website that the conversion is not 100% accurate.

Thanks for the input guys. I just went ahead and bought the Adobe CS suite which gets me the latest version of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. So now I can open anything.

Until they come out with something new..... *lol*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back