Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening an html file, opening link in browser window

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc7

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
US
i am currently working on a perl search page and need a bit of help. one types in a book name, a perl script queries an access database and the user is given a list of books. from this list they choose a book (each book title is an html link that submits an ID number to a microsoft .idq page) and one result is given. the ms search is specific so that it will find only one page when it does the search. my question is how can i cut out this middle process? is it possible to have perl submit the book ID # and then somehow read the page that is generated, and open the link that is contained in that page? is there a perl mod that can call and parse html pages? any help would be appreciated.

thanks for this.

do you know if there is a simple command in perl for opening up a url in a web browser?

after parsing the page that is returned i would like to open the url in a browser window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back