Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening an Access Report using VB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdavis96

Programmer
Feb 11, 2002
US
I have a command button in VB 6 that I would like to use to open an Access Report. Please clue me into what code I can use. Thank you very much

Was it your question which I posted an answer to yesterday and then the thread disappeared?

thread709-351760 [/b][/i][/u]*******************************************************[sub]
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

I don't believe it was me. I think this is the first time I have posted this question. But I am not looking for the command button to print it, I am just looking for the command button to open it for viewing. Any help would be great. Thank you.

under the above thread you will find code to print or preview a report. [/b][/i][/u]*******************************************************[sub]
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Thank you CCLINT , I was able to figure out from that code what I needed. One last question on this subject, how do I get the report and access to open maximized?

I can't answer how to open the app window to max but to open the report to max after
.DoCmd.OpenReport ReportName, lAction
put this on the next line
.DoCmd.Maximized

The only way I can think of that you can get access to the app window state is using the shell command.

Does anyone know of a way to open the app window to max using the above thread's code sample.

Thanks

Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back