Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening A Word Document and Then Closing it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmdobrien

Programmer
Sep 30, 2004
GB
I have a button in my presentation and when you clicked on it it opens up a word document.

This is all fine.

However once I close the opened word document the presentation jumps to another frame.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it??

Regards,

Matt
Kra.co.uk

If you have "go the frame" script in the frame then the movie should stay in that frame.
The other possibility is to set "animate in background" option to false, so that the movie will pause when Word is in front.

Kenneth Kawamoto

The other possibility is to set "animate in background" option to false, so that the movie will pause when Word is in front."

How do you do this?

I have a "go thr frame" in place.

Animate in background" is a Projector setting you can set when creating a Projector. If this doesn't cure the problem, I'd make a simple test movie that opens a Word doc and see it works. I've just made one using Buddy and the frame definitely doesn't move when Word is closed. Use Buddy if you're not using it to open the doc.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Cheers it seems to be working a bit better now.

However, one of the images on the presentation next to the link disappears.

Have you ever had this problem?

Cheers,

Matt

Kra.co.uk

You need to find out if the image has disappeared, changed its location, changed its registration point or became invisible. I do have experiences that image changes its location and/or reg point (especially in very complex movies) and that can appear to be the image is missing. The quick fix for this is to tell the image its loc and reg point in "enter frame me" behaviour, so that the image "moves" to one place every frame.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back