Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening a DLL in Visual Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodie

MIS
May 18, 2001
US
Hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to open up a DLL in Visual Basic. I don't really know if I have the Source code anymore, but I have the DLL file and I want to open it up in Visual Basic so I can see the code. Is this possible?I right clicked on the DLL and did Open with ...chose Visual Basic but it gives me an error ".dll could not be loaded". Also when I did this after that .dll file's icon changed, now it looks like a text file with some graph's picture on the left hand side..but it is still a DLL file.

please help.
thanks
Jodie

You cannot opn a compiled file (DLL, EXE, OCX or whatever) in the IDE. You need the original source code.

As for the icon change, you almost certainly have changed the file association for the file type doing the 'Open With..." trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back