Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OpenFileDialog window size

Status
Not open for further replies.

fd9750

Programmer
Apr 1, 2009
BE
Hi,

I program in lots of languages but a few days ago I have had a go at programming in VB.net 2008 (express edition for now).

I have got an application up and running but there is an odd difference between the "debug" and 'release" version.

Both work but when I activate the "OpenFileDialog" in the "Debug" version I get a nice size "open file" window that can easily be resized.
When I do the same in the "release" version I get an equally functional "open file" window but it is always "full screen" and cannot be resized at all.

I am new to "VB.NET" and I have looked in lots of places on the internet for a tip on this but have not found anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

Hmmm. Works just fine with the regular edition. I can resize the OpenFileDialog box just fine in either release or debug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back