Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Window Params don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinosf

Technical User
Dec 27, 2002
On my site I have a slide out menu of choices that open new windows for the user to view info.

The windows open fine but I would like to set a pre-determined size in pxls. I have tried variations on the code I use in other places that opens windows at a pre-set size, I think I'm just missing a small technical detail.

The code line that opens the window is in an external file with the options listed numerically (e.g. ssmitems[10]) I added in the space after the url so it would show - it's not in the code-

ssmitems1[10]=["Contact Us", " ", "_new"]

I've tried using variations of the following (mostly with variations in the quotes) to set the size - just standard window parameters - inside the brackets and with double quotes and within the same quotes as _new

'location=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=450,height=300'

Something like this for example -

.../mischelpinfo/contactuspage.htm ", "_new,location=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=450,height=300"]

I haven't been able to figure out what I'm messing up.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

not sure what you're attempting here
ssmitems1[10]="Contact Us", " ", "_new"

or here
.../mischelpinfo/contactuspage.htm ", "_new,location=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=450,height=300"]

you might want to read the faqs on opening new windows first...

faq216-0 the heading "Opening and closing a window"

=========================================================
-jeff
try { succeed(); } catch(E) { tryAgain(); }

Thanks for the suggestion, actually I already did that and have used similar code successfully. Though I think I just figured out the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back