Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

open/save dialog won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverspecv

Programmer
Oct 31, 2003
US
I have a page where users download files, and it does one of those deals like most download sites where you don't get a direct link to the file, but a link to a script that sends the file.. It thinks about it for a second and then pops up the file save dialog box. But every now and then users, usually running IE 6, do not get the download box. IE 6 of all things should work the best, as that's our primary environment during development. I do not want to put a link directly to the file if at all possible. I know a lot of shareware sites, etc, always have a link "if your d'l doesn't start, click here" but I figured that was for older browsers or something.. Is there a setting inside IE to block this, or is it maybe 3rd party security software?

This could be caused by pop-up blocking programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back