Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpv

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2001
US
I use Imail on an NT server for internal and external email, however I have been notified that my mail server is being used as a hijacked mail server, to send spam. Is there anyone who can help me figure out how to block this and also how to block certain types of file extentions from coming across the server. Please help

change your smtp settings to relay for addresses. Enter in the IP subnet of your office. This will stop anyone from the outside using your smtp server to send out mail. Do you host for anyone outside of your network?? If so you can either add their IP address in or have them make a secure connection (configure this in outlook client or whatever they are using)
CA If you like my post let me know if I blow an answer...well it's probably late and I have had too many beers! Cheers!!

You can also use No Mail Relay and have the users authenticate on the outgoing server.

DECLUDE @ makes a pretty coolproduct for iMail Servers called Hijack and another one called JunkMail which integrate gracefully and provide frontline support for Open Ralys and JunkMail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back