Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open relay in Exch 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickb928

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
US
I know, this is NOT a 5.0 forum, but quick - Can I secure Exchange 5.0 SP2 against all current relay hacks? If not, we'll bite the bullet and upgrade.

Rick

I'm pretty sure you can. It's been awhile since I used 5.0 but try going to the IMS properties page. I forget which tab its under but there should be a tab that has a check box to allow or not allow relaying. Don't check it, but go to the advanced button. There, check to allow relaying but don't enter any IP addresses. This in effect will not allow relaying to occur from any address except those listed (which there are none). Sorry I can't be more specific, but I'm not in front of the Exchange server.

Hope this helps Thanks for your responses!

I think you must have the latest service pack, i think it's version 3. You can see that easily. In Exchange Admin open properties for Internet Mail Service. Switch to the tab Routing. If you have a button there called Routing Restrictions then you can, otherwise upgrade to latest SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back