Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open PDF in Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

moleproductions

Programmer
Oct 23, 2003
GB
Many people have already discussed this topic - but I am still having problems with opening a PDF in Acrobat.

My problem is this: I am using the standard baOpenFile(filepath, "maximised") command which works fine for me and everyone in my office. The problem is my client's computer tried opening in some strange graphics software and then refused to open it. If they explore the CD and double click the PDF then if opens fine.

So, step one was to use Buddy API to make sure there is a program installed that accepts ".pdf" files. If this is true then it tries opening it. If false, it gives an error message. But my problem is how do I force the computer to use this program and not the graphics software?

FYI - I have also tried "open the moviePath & filename with the moviePath & "\reader\acr32.exe" etc. - Acrobat opens perfectly but I get the error "That file path could not be opened".

Does anyone have a better solution?
Many thanks,
Tim

Check if baFindApp("pdf") returns the path to Acrobat: if not it means either there's no app to open PDF or some other app ("graphic software" in your case) is associated with PDF.

_movie.open(filePath, appPath) should work though.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back