Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open New Window help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msndrstd

Programmer
Feb 8, 2002
US
I have thumbnails setup so that when you click on them a larger image opens in a new window. Can someone please tell me how to make the new window automatically size to fit the image? I have looked everywhere and tried everything I can think of but I just can't seem to get it figured out without hardcoding the image size in for every image and even then it doesn't work on all platforms. Thanks.

usually what I do is have my popup page say be set at 400px(X)400px I then would make all the images 350x350 using the fireworks batch command so there for they all fit in that area and are not distorted and eveything looks nice and uniform. Plus this leaves room for a close link as well as a back and next link as well :)
[rockband]
whos that behind you?

I have tried that route already but my client wants all his pictures to just fit within the window without any border. I got that working fine on PC if I hard code it but everytime he views the page on his MAC the new windows don't come up right. So I just want an easy way to make the window automatically match the size of the image. The Dreamweaver Help says there is an easy way to do this but it doesn't explain how.

Did you click the "FAQs" tab above this forum? Someone there explains a process that might be of help about thumbnails and windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back