Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open multiple instances of IE from FoxPro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsfan

Technical User
May 20, 2005
US
Hello guys,

How can I open up a web page using IE, with the added requirement that it open a new instance of IE (and not take over one which is already open and in use)?

Currently I'm using the Hyperlink.NavigateTo(url) method. But this method automatically captures any instance of IE already open.

TIA

Code:
oIE = createobject("internetexplorer.application")
oIe.Navigate("[URL unfurl="true"]www.tek-tips.com")[/URL]
oIE.visible = .t.

This creates a new instance of Internet explorer everytime you run it.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks very much for your reply Mike. That does it indeed.

Next question... this opens the new instance minimized. Is there a command to open the new window maximized and on top?

Thanks again.

gil

Maybe not exactly what you want

Code:
oIe.Navigate("[URL unfurl="true"]www.tek-tips.com")[/URL]
oie.TheaterMode =.t.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Try exploring the properties of the oIE object (using Intellisense)

Try:
oie.TheaterMode = .t.

You can also get a pretty nice effect of IE becoming part of your application (that is, the IE window appearing inside the VFP main app) with my TakeWindow function from faq184-2555 :

oie.Visible = .t.
takewindow(oie.HWND)
oIE.Navigate('
- Bill

Get the best answers to your questions -- See FAQ481-4875.

Thanks very much, Mike and Bill. The TheatreMode property does exactly what I need.

Bests,
Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back