Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Manager Server Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancevo1956

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2008
RS
I have installed all opetions of Dell OpenManager Server Administrator, but when select I from Startup-Programs-Dell OpenManage Applications - Server Administor-Server Administrator, I get web page which could not be opened:

The version is pretty old 4.5. I need OpenMagaer to get some form of diagnostic. OS is 2003 Standard edition SP2, while hardware is Dell Poweredge 850.

Then I have downloaded the latest version 6.5. IE is of version 6 During installation, there is message that IE 6 is not supported. On the manual of still installed Server Administrator I am directed to the web site of supported browsers for Open Manager Server Administrator 6.5 that does not exist. So in fact I do not know what browser and version is to be the best choice.

Firefox 3.5 and IE 6 can't find the server at localhost and the second warning message is generated during installation:

"The installer has failed to detect Windows Remote Management version 1.1 or later on "

On Mozilla 3.5 and IE 6.1 message is "Server on local is not found", that was
I have rebooted it and added to the intranet zone, without avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back