Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Firefox from a Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petzl

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
AU
I am trying to get ACT! by Sage to automatically open and I have an add-on that will allow me to grab GPS coordinates from 2 fields in ACT! and open up a browser with Google Maps.

This works fine but after opening Google Maps it then opens a 'Save As' window which I have to shut. It is just annoying is all. Anyone have any thoughts on how to stop it? Command line I am using is:

firefox " Field 1},+{Opportunity Field 2}"

Opportunity 1 and Opportunity 2 are the fields that need to be passed on and are working correctly.

Thanks,

Petzl

Sorry...header should read 'Opening Firefox from command line'

Hi

Petzl said:
after opening Google Maps it then opens a 'Save As' window
No Save As window here in FireFox 5.0.1 when trying your command.

It may be some addons' side effect. Is there any difference without them ?
Code:
firefox [highlight]-safe-mode[/highlight] "[ignore]www.maps.google.com[/ignore]/maps?q={Opportunity Field 1},+{Opportunity Field 2}"

Feherke.

Hey Feherke thanks for the response.

I had been working on it too long and took a break. I then had another crack at it. Command line worked for me as well but it was only when running it though ACT! that it had an issue. Changed the format and it worked:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" Field 1},+{Opportunity Field 2}

Turns out it was a lot simpler than I thought........I do appreciate the response though. Sometimes it pays to step away from things!! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back