Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open file/View/Details failure in Wordperfect 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman910

Technical User
Aug 21, 2001
US
I have always had my WordPerfect set up to view the details about each file in Tree View, so the Tree is in an area at the left of the screen, and the files in the open folder are in an area to the right of the screen, and I can see file name, date, size, and type. This suddenly failed. If I selected large icons, small icons, or list instead of details, I saw the files and folders in the area to the right of the screen, but if I selected Details, that area was blank. I noticed that instead of the four bars at the top of that area labelled Name, Size, Type, and Modified, there was a single bar that was unlabelled.

Random action took over and I clicked and dragged the single unlabled bar, moving it to the right, and that exposed Modified. I repeated until all four bars were exposed, and the files and details with them. Just thought I'd pass it along since I had typed the above in the form of a question already before the random thought struck me...

Thanks for all the help over the years.

snowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back