Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open File Manager assistance required

Status
Not open for further replies.

demola

MIS
Aug 1, 2001
US
Hello All,

I administer a solaris backup server running Legato Networker version 6.0.1. I also have Windows NT 4.0 clients
on my backup network. I intend to use OFM for the open files on the NT clients.

My questions are
1- Has any one used OFM on NT clients that are being backed up by a solaris server.

If yes

2- Was OFM able to detect backup activity from the solaris server and proceed to aid the successful backup of the open files on NT.

Thanks All

Regards

'Demola

Hi!

Yes I have succesfully backed up NT clients with OFM with networker server 5.5.3 runing on solaris.

/Ulf

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response.

My backup jobs run automatically tru the night everyday. Therefore it is important that the backup process runs without requiring attention.

Do you have to run any process on the NT or/OFM end before the backup starts. For example do you have to do a manual sync before the backup starts to enable backup of open files.

Thanks again.

Regards

'Demola

Hi!

After installation there is no need for intervention.
the OFM starts to cache files when the networker backup starts this is fully automatic.

/Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back