Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

open file, close file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin2569

Programmer
Dec 22, 2007
AU
I have written a script to open a few files in sequence, and close the window so that some of them are hidden. But I made a silly mistake instead of Close(current window), I put Close(file). One of the file is opened and closed immediately !

How to open this file again and change the script?? Thank you.

Regards,
Kevin

Hey Kevin,

There are a couple of ways:

1. If your are running FM Advanced you should be able to turn on script debugger which will allow you to watch the script execute step-by-step and you can terminate the script at any point.

2. Create a (bogus) relationship between one of your existing files and the one that is getting closed prematurely. You will find that when you create the relationship it will open the troublsome file either minimized or hidden depending on which version you're running. Either way you should be able to switch over to that open window and then edit the script from there.

-Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back