Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open AutoCAD without a new drawing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaz

Technical User
Jul 8, 2004
US
Ok, here's the problem dudes and dudettes. I went to the Autodesk website for support and followed the instructions for ID# TS71560 and it works like I want it to BUT...AutoCAD locks up and I have to CONTROL/ALT/DELETE to get out!

I basically was sick of AutoCAD starting a new drawing upon startup and me having to close it everytime I started a new session. By using the script desribed in ID# TS71560, the new drawing no longer loads on startup. However, something is causing AutoCAD to freeze up and I can't figure it out (with my sometimes limited brain capacity). Please help.

Thanks.

Kurt

csaz,

It sounds as though your script may have an additional space or an additional line AutoCAD is trying to interpret but can't since it doesn't have drawing to interpret the command. Double check your script file for extra spaces or lines.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back