Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open and search Lotus db with VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

batteam

Programmer
Sep 12, 2003
US
I have the assignment of opening and retrieving info from a Lotus database using VBA script. I have the following:
Dim db As NotesDatabase
Dim nsession As NotesSession 'As Object
Set nsession = CreateObject("Lotus.NotesSession")
Call nsession.Initialize
Set db = nsession.GetDatabase(serv, app) where 'serv' and 'app' are the defined appropriately.

Its seems to attach to the db OK, but now I need to search a form ('ITAgentLogEntry') and field (ITLog_ConversationText ) in the db then retrieve that info using the following:

Set doccol = db.Search(searchFormula$, Nothing, 0)
collcnt = doccol.Count
For p = 1 To doccol.Count
Set doc = doccol.GetNthDocument(p)

Currently, I have: searchFormula$ = "'((Form = 'ITAgentLogEntry') & ITLog_ConversationText = 'Sample Logging' )& '" but this is not getting me any results. The Lotus programmer provided me:
searchFormula$ = {((Form = "ITAgentLogEntry") & ITLog_ConversationText != "Sample Logging" )} but of course this is not compatible with VBA.

Can anyone provide assisstance on how to convert the search string to proper VBA syntax?

Thanks in advance for any assistance provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back