Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open an Emailed link in a Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon24422531

Technical User
Jan 27, 2004
GB
Hi everyone

I am not sure if this is the correct forum, but I can't seem to find the answer to what I thought would be an easy question:

We have an internal Intranet which uses frames. There is a menu down the left hand side, some more information on the top and the main frame called 'center'. Our users fill out an ongoing form here that is stored in SQL Server. The SQL then Emails the relevant users with details of the updated form. I can add the relevant link on the Email, but how do I get it to open in the correct frame and NOT as a single web page?

This is the code for the Index Frame:
Code:
<HTML>
  <HEAD>
<TITLE>  A Company Ltd; Internal Web Site </title>
<FRAMESET ROWS="60,*,0" BORDER="0" FRAMEBORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0">
<FRAME NAME = "HEAD" SRC="Header.html"  BORDER="0" FRAMEBORDER="0"   SCROLLING="NO" NORESIZE >
<FRAMESET COLS="200,*" BORDER="0" FRAMEBORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0">
<FRAME NAME = "NAV" SRC="Nav2.html" SCROLLING="NO" NORESIZE >
<FRAME NAME = "CENTER" SRC="Start.html"  SCROLLING="AUTO">
</FRAMESET>
</FRAMESET>
  </HEAD>
</HTML>
So what do I put in the link text to open the .asp page in the 'center' frame, can any one help please?

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back