Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Access from Intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dar149

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
US
I want to hyperlink from the Intranet to an Access database. If I put a hyperlink in FrontPage to Word, Excel, or Powerpoint, and publish, the application opens and I am able to use the application

When I try to open Access I get the following message:
"The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software? Name: DB.mdb Publisher: Unknown Publisher." When I click RUN, it never opens Access.

If I use CTRL-click to follow they hyperlink in FrontPage, the database opens.

The software has not been digitally signed or blocked.

Try

Try to verify that the vendor/publisher is not listed in the "Untrusted Publisher".

IE>Tools>Internet Options>Content Tab. Select "Untrusted Publisher"

It not listed

Try downloading the program again then save it in another location then proceed in running/installing it again.

If no luck, add it to the list of low risk files:
Start the Group Policy Editor (Start>Run then type gpedit.msc and press OK).

Go to User Configuration>AdministrativeTemplates>Windows
Components>Attachment Manager then configure "Inclusion list for low file types" to Enabled and enter the file types you don't want to be warned about in the box (for example: .exe, gif, bmp).

Close the Group Policy Editor then try to run again the file application.

If successful and done, you might want to undo the changes you made in the Group Policy Editor to help protect the system.

If no luck again, try downloading it using another browser (Firefox or Mozilla). Just make sure that you will download the file from the correct and trusted source.

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant."

Thanks for the post. I found the above solutions on the internet, but they didn't solve the problem. I think I'll just have them open the database from their desktop and forget about the intranet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back