Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Access Database on Azure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallunarCrew

Programmer
Sep 3, 2006
US
My boss would like to be able to get rid of the file server in our office. We are using Office 365 so we get Access from the web. We have an Access database that will be the frontend to a SQL Server database that is being developed on Azure. He is thinking that if we upload the Access database file to Azure through an FTP tool then we will not have to have the Access database file on the local file server. I don't know that there is a way to open a database on a web-server (which I believe is what Azure is). When you open Access and click File-Open, what do you point to - Azure is not a drive letter? I'm thinking it is not possible. We would also need links inside the database to point to folders on Azure. I know there are probably Azure forums on here but I am tackling this from the Access side first since I have 20+ years programming Access.
Thanks,
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back