Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a Word document

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaz

Programmer
Nov 22, 2000
Hello,

I'm opening a Word document from my ASP and I've noticed that a new instance of winword.exe will be created whether I click "Yes" or "No" to the ActiveX warning message ("Some Software(ActiveX Controls) on this page might be unsafe. It is recommended that you not run it. Do you want to allow it to run?)

I'd like to have a sub-routine where if the user selects "No", then set the instance of the Word.application object to nothing.

Does anybody know how I can detect which option the user selected ("yes" or "no")?

Thank you in advance!

Should be able to
Do you have a opoup box
Press "YES" and response.write the value of it to you WEB page.
Then Press "NO" and see if its different. It should be.
then use "If" statement to figure out what to do.

<%If MyVal = &quot;YES&quot; then
' do something
Else

End if%> DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Hi mmaz, I need a program, dll, ASP's component... witch tell me how many
pages there are in a file *.doc, *.pdf, *.ppt...
can you help me please?

Thanks in advance.

The Yes/No box is created by the browser security. Because it is a browser generated event, you can't see whether they clicked Yes or No (i.e. you didn't create the message box). The help that DougP gave you was if you had created the popup yourself.

Sorry. Harold Blackorby
hblackorby@scoreinteractive.com
St. Louis, MO

Hi

How will you execute a .exe file from your asp code (Here you've executed winword.exe! right).

regards
srikanth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back