Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a web page in default browser with POST data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadanis

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
GB
Hope someone can help here.

There are 2 parts to our application. A piece of desktop software, and a web-portal.

Both need logins.

When the desktop software is run, the user logs in, the username and password are sent to a set webpage using XMLHTTP and form url encoding to return whether or not they have portal access (which defines if they can use the desktop app).

Once the process on the desktop is finished (its a wizard) the user is given an option to save and close or to enter the portal.

When the portal opens in the default browser the user has to login again.

What I'd like to do is pass the username and password up with the last call to the portal (like the original XML call) but this time so that the user is automatically logged in when the browser opens, obviously this has to be via POST and not on the URL.

Does anyone know how I might be able to achieve this.

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back