Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a toolbar/task bar less window from launch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkymonk

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
GB
Hi,

I need to be able to open Navigator from an icon on a desktop. Only thing is, I need it to open without Tool bar, Task bar etc. Is there anyway of doing this without having to open two windows with HTML/CSS straight from the desktop...? roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

[ol][li]Create a new shortcut for Netscape
[li]Right click the shortcut just created
[li]click Properties
[li]add a space and the kiosk switch, -k, after the closing quote of the path in the Target text box
[/ol]

E.G.
Target: "C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe" -k

And if you really want to show nothing, use super kiosk switch, -sk

That question was for one of the techie guy's where I work. It worked a treat so thank you.

roda B-)

Learning is like rowing against the current. As soon as you stop, you start going backwards.

I need something like this too ... is there any place where I can see all the launch switches for NS and IE ? I like the -k and the -sk...

Cheers,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back