Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a new form based on active record

Status
Not open for further replies.

valterduarte

Technical User
Nov 25, 2005
PT
Hello!

I have a data form (FORM1), which gives me the main information about employees. Something like this:

Name Age WorkerID

Maria 27 100025
Carlos 54 023548
Ted 41 802354

Ok, when I double click in "Maria" or "27" or "100025", I want it to open a new form (FORM2) with all the information on that employee.

Now, I've changed the field properties so that when I double click in it, it opens the form I want (FORM2).

This new form (FORM2) is based on a new query. The problem is how do I tell the new query that the WorkerID should be a parameter based on the active record from Form1, when I double clicked it?

Thank you!

create a command button through the wizard and choose the open form (FORM2) and select "Open Form to display specific record".
Then look the code behind the button. You can take it to double click event of the id field.

BTW,
forum702 is dedicated to access forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back