Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a form instead of msgbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosmokramer

Programmer
Sep 8, 2002
US
Hey. This is a really simple question, but how do you open a new form in response to a button click on the first form?

I am creating an application that will have information listed on the main form, and if the user wants more information about a particular record, they can click a button which will open another form displaying the seperate information

You could either use the statement frmDetail.Show

or you could say frmDetail.Show vbmodal

The 'vbmodal' part means that you cannot click back to the original form until this form is finished...ie the user clicks OK button after they finished viewing the detail.

Hope this helps,
CA

Thanks for the help, but about 5 minutes after I posted this question, I figured out what I needed to do! I just went through all the options in Intelisense that seemed to make any sense (no pun intended!).

Just a suggestion, but you might want to think about using a MultiPage control instead of two seperate forms . . .

Peace!! [americanflag] [peace] [americanflag]

Mike

Didn't get the answers that you wanted? Take a look at FAQ219-2884

DoCmd.OpenForm "Name of the form that you want", acNormal

errrm... This is VB5/6 rather than VBA!

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

OK johnwm, sorry for intruding . . . . Try a TabStrip control then. ;-)

Peace!! [americanflag] [peace] [americanflag]

Mike

Didn't get the answers that you wanted? Take a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back