Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open a form from a command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie99

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
Hello.

Is there any way to open a form when referencing the path of a database at the command line? Is there a switch available to do this? Thanks in advance.

C:\Program Files\SomeDbFolder\SomeDb.mdb ?frmSomeForm?

Cassie

Cassie,

Technically no.

However, the /x macro-name switch will start a named macro when Access starts. This is something like the Autoexec macro that Access would run at startup during the days of Access 2.0.

But……why do you need this option? If you will check out the startup options of your database, you can force a form to come up as soon as access starts, so you don’t need what you are asking for.
Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Robert,

Thanks. That should take care of business for me. I need to run different batch processes throughout the evening. I launch the processes from a timer event associated with a form.

I also read your FAQ "How do I log users off a database and keep them off?". It was very helpful.

Thanks again.

Cassie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back