Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPC Client with Visual C++ 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

fali09

Technical User
Oct 22, 2009
DE
Hi all,

I have the following situation:
I created a program with Visual C++ 2008 express which receive and interpret data from a µC. Now I want to send this data from the Visual C++ program to an OPC server. Both programs run on the same PC. Therefore I need a connection between my programm and the server. So I think I have to integrate an OPC "client" in my program. But until now I have no Idea how to realize or how to start this. Perhaps anyone has some hints for me.

Thanks for any help

Daniel

You will need to have an OPC client to send your data to your OPC server. There are toolkits available to create your OPC client. I have used the ToolWorx API from Iconics and have had great luck with it but it is not free. The OPC spec is available and you could utilize it to create your own OPC client but the spec is pretty in depth. You may want to Google "OPC Toolkits" and see what is available. I do recall finding a few that were available for free but I do not have any experience with them.

If you choose to battle wits with the witless be prepared to lose.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back