Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OP11 PRI link

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepath

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2003
MX
I'm trying to change a link OP11-op61 from SL1 to EURO, with a pair of NTAK79 PRI 2Mbps cards. on the op61 y goes well, but at the op11 when I try to rebuild (it doesn´t allow CHG) the dchannel with IFC=EURO it says the CTYP has to be MSDL and not DCHI. As far as I know it doesnt have MSDL, even I tryed that but it refuses to enable the new DCH (enl dch 3)
¿should I try another IFC different from EURO or SL1? which one?

You are going to have one hell of a job doing that!. The 2 MEG PRI cards you have will only support DASS and DPNSS ISDN trunks.

What you require will be the 2 MEG PRI NTBK50AA and the D Channel card NTBK51AA, and perhaps the clocking card which both fit on the PRI card.

The NTBK50AA supports EURO, E403, Q931 etc.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

The odd thing is that if I set IFC=EURO it accepts it as long as I set CTYP=MSDL instead DCHI.
Getting HW is not a option ¿How do I implement, say, DPNSS? IFC=?

The original NTAK79xx PRI 2 Mbps cards were designed to work on many protocals including Q931, but when other standards were introduced such as EURO, QSIG, ETSI and many others, Nortel had to produce another ISDN card to allow these features to work.

I have a few programming files for you which I'll try and dig out.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

With the hardware you have I would say that SL1 is a better option than DPNSS to be fair.

As Firebird said to implement EURO you need an MSDL either a PRI card NTBK50 with MSDL Daughter card NTBK51 or a UDT NTDW79

With Your input I realized it's a dead end, so we will try another approach.
Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back