Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oops I formatted my c drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamgcs

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
US
oops I formatted my c drive
I have a Toshiba Satelite laptop that I was going to re-install windows 98 on due to a virus, the virus would not let me run any .exe file in windows or DOS so I went to DOS typed format c: and tried to install DOS it just says invaild disc format, so I made sure the boot sequence was floppy, harddrive, then cd . then I even changed to HDD,FLD,CDD, and same freakin thing. ANY SUGESTIONS,,,before it goes to e-bay?

You might try it using a floppy disk. You might also want to get a copy of killdisk to overwrite any junk on the hard drive before reinstalling.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Get a bootdisk (or bootable cd...I don't know your os), set your bios to boot from floppy,cd-rom,hdd and restart with bootdisk. At the a:\> prompt type fdisk <enter> 4 <enter>. What does the screen say?

Skip

Hi,
Put the win'98 CD in your cddrive and go to bios change the boot sequence to CDROM as first option and save the bios and exit.
M/C has to boot with WIN'98.Select BOOT FROM CDROM option when it is asked..and select start installing WIN'98 to your computer..lateron it will ask to do partion and formatting..pls do and revert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back