Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OOPS concepts and Performance Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivam bhatele

Programmer
Apr 30, 2020
IN
Hello Everyone, Can anyone know which one is better C# or C++ for OOPS concepts and Performance based? As my knowledge in the C# Supports OOP and component-based architecture (multi-paradigm language. This information I was read from here but still, I am confused to choose the right one C# or C++? Can anyone suggest me which is programming language future is better?

Better doesn't come into any argument.

Peformance varies depending on application. The compilers are leapfrogging each other so yesterday's performance report may be totally reversed tomorrow. Don't read too much into performance reports.

Do you wish to stay in the MS world or venture into Linux, Macs and Androids?
Are you working on Websites, desktop applications, backroom servers, mobile devices, embedded devices, IOT?

If you are staying in the MS world and are willing to have a "better" way of doing things every 3-4 years, you could go down the C# route. Whenever you lookup something in C#, like Java, check when it was written. They keep on introducing new APIs every 3-4 years. On Linux/Mac it is known as Mono but it is always one or two generations behind the MS version.

If you want to work on a range of platforms, go down the C++ route. C# doesn't exist for devices like PIC or Arduino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back