Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Onw workstation not working on internet but still communicates

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanbloom

Technical User
Apr 22, 2005
GB
One workstation has ceased being able to access the internet. The wires seem to be fine and I've tried switching them; I can ping any address fine (including google) and I can ping the router.

What happens is that it logs on fine and no matter which profile (inc Administrator) logs on, the internet is not accessable in IE, Netscape or Firefox. Sometimes I can access the router's IP address web-interface but not always.

It's definitely not the router's firewall or access settings. I've deactivated the computer's own firewall too. The computer's GP settings are the same as every other computer and the computer's own internet settings are typical too. I cannot track down the cause... The log files are below:

I don't know what else to look for :-(

The logs are at the end and I've applied a hotfix, which didn't solve the problem either...
======================================================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5783
Date: 17/12/2007
Time: 11:22:38
User: N/A
Computer: SR2
Description:
The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller <server name 2> for the domain <domain name 2> is not responsive. The current RPC call from Netlogon on <server name 1> to <server name 2> has been cancelled.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event ID: 5719
Time: 09:25:16
User: N/A
Description:
No Domain Controller is available for domain <domain> due to the following:
Not enough storage is available to process this command. .
Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Data:
0000: 17 00 00 c0 ...À
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1053
Time: 11:21:17
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Description:
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1030
Time: 01:01:34
User: AMPMITTRAINING\new
Description:
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine.

Why are you double posting? Please don't do that, you already have an active thread with this issue.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back