Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Onstream ADR tape with Windows 2000 professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesPinchot

Programmer
Jun 2, 2002
US
I bought an Onstream ADR2.60ide tape drive because it seemed a great combination of speed, capacity, and value.

I read a review that seemed to say that the Tapeware software included would back up drives mapped with Microsoft Networking, but alas! When I tried it I found that it would only back up local drives, unless you pay $199 more for an upgrade.

So I looked for options, and found that it's supposed to work with networked drives if you use Microsoft's Backup from Windows 2000 with a driver downloaded from Onstream.

Trying that, I discovered that Windows 2000 doesn't recognize ADR tapes, thinking they're Travan or MiniQIC instead. I found documentation for that bug, that said I needed Service Pack 2 for Win2000. So I downloaded and installed that.

But Windows 2000 still doesn't recognize ADR tapes, offering only Travan and MiniQIC options from Backup.

What am I missing???? Help!

There are classed as MiniQIC, but you have to use Removable storage mmc to prepare the tapes b4 they will work Matthew Hankins

Network Technicain @ DGI Hereford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back