Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

onspace parameters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelqc

Programmer
Feb 16, 2003
AU
Hi

I am trying to install informix v9.23 (IDS 2000) on a box with Scounix version 5.05 as the operating system.

To create the dbspace I have to use the onspaces command:
an example is

onspaces -c -d rootdbs -p /dev/rdbase/c1t5d0s5 -s 90000 -o 1000

Can someone please explain to me what the c1t5d0s5 means?

As you can see I have made a raw partion on my hard disk (only one disk in the machine) called dbase, and its #5 when you do a divvy on the disk (I think that means its the 5th partion?).

Any help would be great.

Kelvin

/dev/rdbase/c1t5d0s5 is your device name where the dbspace will use to put data.
c1 = controller 1, t5 = target 5, d0 = disk 0, s5 = slice 5 (or partition 5).

You must allocate (partition) the disk with these raw devices first before you can use them on Informix.
You should also make sure the device has owner and group as informix and 660 access rights

Hi schu

How do I find out the correct values for the controller and target?. I only have one disk so d0 must be correct, and the raw partion I have created is the 5th, so s5 would be correct.

Thanks
Kelvin

If you have only one disk and it works then I guess you controller number and target are OK.

If not (assuming you only have one disk), take
a LOOK at the cxtx... files id the /dev directory
which should only have one cxtx disk device.

I do not know SCOUnix, so I cannot tell you the command to check you controller and targets for disks.

Maybe you can try the SCOUNIX forum for this

Sorry :-(

Thats great Schu, thanks for the help.

Kelvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back