Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ONS 15454 login help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelNWR

Technical User
Jun 5, 2013
US
I have a ONS 15454-SA-HD that I am trying to get into. I have no documentation other than what I have found online, and no software with it. From what I am finding online is that if you do not have the software that came with the system the only other way to get into this unit is through a web browser. I tried hooking up to the serial interface of the unit but all that I get is the > prompt and nothing I type in seems to show up and I get no output.

From what I have found I would need to be using at the most Java version jdk 1.2.2.017
I have downloaded and installed this version of Java and it is the only version that I have installed on the system that I have running Windows XP.

When I try to connect to the ONS I get a message telling me to check the security settings. From what I can tell everything looks fine.
I have the latest version of IE for windows XP installed. Is this version of XP to new to be able to connect to the ONS?

I have also tried downloading and installing the one of the recommended browsers and version (Mozilla version 1.7.13) and then reinstalled the 1.2.2.017 version of Java, but it would seem that Mozilla does not see that I have Java installed when I try to connect up to the ONS through Mozilla.

Any help on getting into this unit would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back