Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

onMouseover drop down menu...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hey,
I need to find out how to design an onMouseover drop down menu (like the one at microsoft.com) using dreamweaver. Can someone point me to a tutorial, or give me an example of how to do that. The user must move their mouse pointer over the menu, and have all the options drop down.
Thanks

I made a menu same as you are asking for above in Dreamweaver using layers and behaviours. Problem is, it only works in IE5 (not sure about netscape). If you would like more info then let me know but if you are looking for something which will work on older browsers (and netscape) then I may not be able to help.

I created a menu dropdown with layers. Turning them on and off and I used this code in the head tag to make netscape respond,

<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<!--
ns4 = (document.layers)? true:false
ie4 = (document.all)? true:false
// Show/Hide functions for non-pointer layer/objects
function show(id) {
if (ns4) document.layers[id].visibility = &quot;show&quot;
else if (ie4) document.all[id].style.visibility = &quot;visible&quot;
}
function hide(id) {
if (ns4) document.layers[id].visibility = &quot;hide&quot;
else if (ie4) document.all[id].style.visibility = &quot;hidden&quot;
}
//-->

Then alot of javascript hide and show in the body.

Hope that will help.

I am new to dreamweaver and would like to have a similar drop donw menu system rather than the current flash buttons i use....any chance of some help pls??

I've just got Fireworks 4 and this has a really easy step by step process for creating drop down menus with examples and tutorials, you may want to give it a look?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back