Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only show last date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhansen

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2002
CA
I am creating a report to find obsolete inventory.

I would like to take the transaction list and only show the last date the item had a transaction, from there I would like to Select Expert anything that has a date older than a year.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your record selection will look something like:
{Date} < CurrentDate-365

Group by Item, and then by Date in your report, and place the information in the Date group footer, rather than the details section.

Make sure the item is ordered by date, and you'll pick up the most recent date corresponding to the item in the Date footer.

You will be selecting excess records this way, but if you want to eliminate superfluous records before you select on them, then you'll have to use sql or a stored procedure that defines SELECT MAX(date),item FROM x GROUP BY item

Naith

Group by Item, and then by Date in your report, and place the information in the Date group footer, rather than the details section.

should be

Group by Date, and then by Item in your report, and place the information in the Item group footer, rather than the details section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back