Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

only netbeui connects not TCP/IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

prha

Technical User
May 24, 2002
GB
I have just setr up a PC in a remote location using ADSL through a VPN.
When I try to log onto my network via dial up networking I get a message saying:
one or more requested network protocol did not connect successfully
TCP/IP reported error 735
The requested address was rejected by the server
Netbeui CP connected successfully
Press accept to use the connection as is or hang up to disconnect.

I need the PC to connect via TCP/IP and not netbeui.
The other PC's in this location cannot connect to the network at all they get the error message:
checking network protocols connections
TCP/IP reported error 736 the remote computer terminated the control protocol.

I presume the first PC connects because I ticked the Netbeui box in the server option in the dial up network phone book entry.
I also put hthe PC's IP adress and DNS and Wins in the TCP/IP settings here as they were blank.

Does anyone ahve a clue whats happening?
I have not touched the other PC but it now cannot connect

On the PC iwas setting up I installed NT w/s 4 sp6a IE6 pptp with the correct IP settings etc

Any advice would be a great help

You need to leave the IP address and other information for the remote connection empty.

The RAS server by default will assign an address to remote clients

Thanks Stiles. I have left that office now but will give that a go on Monday and let you know!

I removed the IP addresses and it works, sort of. It says that a domain controller could not be contacted and I have been logged in with cached info. However, it appears to be connected. outlook is fine, I can browse and access all folders and files on the network, Internet access is Ok. When I disconnect from the network via DUN on task bar and reconnect it says that I have successfully joined the domain yet the message pops up after every log in attempt.
Any clues?
thanks for the previous advice though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back