Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only Master log in works - no error message on others

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWkndr

Programmer
May 1, 2002
US
We have a 6.50.31113 setup running on citrix - the prgrams are installed locally to each of our 7 servers and they all point to the same SQL database. One our servers BSODd, so an image of a working box was taken and applied to it. The HEAT functionality works fine on this reimaged machine.

When I run the GM, the login screen comes up and I can login as master with no issue. If I log in as any user, it flashes at the bottom of the splash screen that it is opening the C1 and C2 files and the field views then it just closes. No error message or anything odd.
I checked the preferences for the user and tried both the datareader account we have always used (this is a 5yr old setup) and my sqladmin acct, so it doesn't seem to be a SQL issue. In BDE, I am able to log in to the databases and everything is pointing to the proper places in GM.ini.

HERE is the really weird part - if, when logged in as master, instead of exiting GM and running the icon again I use the 'log in another user' menu option - IT WORKS.

Thanks for an insights you may have as I am baffled.

Sounds like a corrupt Fields5 to me... I'd have a GoldMine consultant look at it though to tell for sure.

---
Chad Smith
michad76@gmail.com

Check out the GoldMine Blog at
MCP - Microsoft SQL Server
Crystal Reports Certified Professional
GoldMine Certified Professional
Microsoft CRM Certified Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor