Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only get emails after resetting the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0nin

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2004
CA
I have a user using the 6280 model with Outlook 98 in an Exchange 5.5 environment who is not getting their emails until they pull and reset the battery.

This isn't an occasional problem either I'm told but something they have to do on a regular basis which as you can imagine is getting quite annoying.

Anyone have any ideas what I could look at before they throw the handheld in the ocean?

Thanks

Did you try upgrading the handheld software and firmware. Check the Blackberry site for patches as well.

I have the same problem with our devices. We have about 60 AT&T 7280's and this happens every day to at least two users. I got in touch with our RIM and AT&T reps about this and they told me that they are working on a patch to resolve this issue.

I'm having this same problem with my 7280. Every day or so the device stops sending and recieving messages. I will have a full signal but nothing works. If I pop the battery out and replace it again the device suddenly starts working. It will not work if I simply turn the device off and on again, only if I remove the battery. This is a huge pain.

Does anyone know if the patch noted above was ever written? Is there any other solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back