Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only first item in detail shows in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

goob

Programmer
Aug 31, 1998
US
I have a report for ordering gov't property that might have 12 items listed on a single order form (computers, monitors, etc). I can get the header info to print, but only one item from the 12 shows. I've tried detail a & b, header & detail, but nothing seems to work. Hopefully this explains it well, any suggestions welcome.

Not certain I understand your particular problem, but there are several areas you could check (if you haven't already <grin!>). If the datasource is an ODBC table, you can use the Database¦SQL selection to examine the SQL Crystal generates. (I've encountered a number of problems related to how Crystal generates a particular SQL statemehnt as opposed to how the remote server expects to see the SQL, particularly in the case of joins.) If the database connection is .dll driven (Access, dBase, etc.), you should examine the record selection critera *_and_* all formulae. Also, take another look at how you have inserted groups: that could cause unexpected exclusions. Lastly, check the formatting of each section for suppressions, etc., and look at the formats in the detail fields for the same thing(s).

If that doesn't help, and if you can respond more specifically, I'll try to help. I've been using Crystal since v1.0, and while I don't consider myself to be an expert, I _have_ resolved a large number of problems in the course of Crystal's evolution <grin!!>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back