Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only client index is backed up; data is not saved

Status
Not open for further replies.

trader990

MIS
Jun 1, 2001
CA
I am very new to Legato. We are running 5.5 on Solaris and I am having a difficult time backing up NT clients. The indexes get backed up but not the client data. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks...

this happens if your server doesn't talk to ur client. i had a similar problem. do u have the entry of the nt client in your solaris server??.
hope this helps

It is likely that there is a failure message in the saveset completion log. To see this press the "group control" button in the nwadmin GUI, highlight the group that you use to backup the NT server then press the "detail" button and look in the "failed save sets" section.

It is likely that the Legato server is trying to backup the NT server and has not got permission to do so or the NT server does not know the details of the Networker server.

Make sure that there are two services ("Networker Remote exec" and "Storage Management") running on the NT server. These should have been installed when you installed the Networker client software on the NT server.

Make sure that the NT server can ping all the network interfaces of the Networker server. If it can't, add host entries on the NT server for all interfaces.

Make sure that the Networker server's interface names are in the NT client's backup permissions file. This file is INSTALL DRIVE:\WIN32APP\NSR\RES\SERVERS. I would add entries for all the network interface names for the Networker server (if you have more than one).

If you change the hosts or permissions entries, stop and start the two services and start the remote exec service after the storage management service.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back