Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

only allow 4 digit calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmialback

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2006
US
I was wondering how to make it so the user can only dial 4 digit calls. CS1000 recently upgraded from Option 11
See this i2004 is setup in a doorway where anybody off the street could make a call. But when a visitor comes in, they call the tenant and the tenant lets them in the second set of doors.

If you just want it to ring to one station inside, Make it a ring down circuit, so when the handset is lifted it will call to the station.

If the phone is an analog wall phone, this is how you can do the ring down to one extension.

================
... ld 15
opt htu ...
================
CLS MNL
FTR HOT D 4 1234

That will call x1234

Check your NCOS tables and TARG/TGAR - Class of service should be FRE (fully restricted which should prevent external calls)

then make the dn a 7 digit number.. we can not use the numbner here 1803.. 100's of guest did not dial the 9 and that i the area code.. so we use 1803xxx for numbers we do not want to be called internal.. plus all our 4 digit dn;s are did's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

another point..if you need an inbound only station.. use any touchtone set analog and cls mnl.. it will not dial out.. we have several in waiting areas that are for doctors to take inbound on post surgery.. no matter what the sign said, people used them outbound.. internal.. now they do not work outbound so when the operator transfer a call to the doc.. he can take the call

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

easy thing to do would be to hot key key 0 of the existing set to the tenant.

I want it to dial any 4 digit extension, so that would be the cls mnl?
thank you

Let's start by posting a TNB of the phone and we can work from there.

make an XLST entry with 9=* and change xlst on phone to that number then dialing 9 will get fast busy and outside calls can still be transferred to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back