Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only Administrator can login through OWA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosterlegg

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2003
US
Hi,

I have OWA setup with forms based authentication without using SSL. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb\OWA create DWORD AllowRetailHTTPAuth and set this to 1.)
The page comes up.

I can login with administrator and everything works fine. Every other user cannot login. They get the error: You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Make sure your domain\user name and password are correct, and then try again.

I have tried logging on with domain\username, domain.local\username, username@domain.com, username@domain.local, just username, nothing works.

I have created a new user, double checked to make sure web access was enabled in ADUC. It was. I have tried adding users to the domain admin group. Still doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.

Microsoft support personnel have posted the following as a "solution" for this exact problem:

At the server:
1. Apply KB831464
831464 FIX: IIS 6.0 Gzip Compression Corruption Causes Access Violations
2. Clear the IIS server files follow these steps:
a. Go to your %windows%\IIS Temporary Compressed Files directory
b. Select all of the content in this directory and delete it.
3. Go to a command prompt, type "iisreset".

At the client:
1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options
2. Select Delete Files and click OK to confirm that you want to delete the
content.

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back