Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online quiz...Anyone has done any d 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Online quiz...Anyone has done any dynamic quiz online using ColdFusion?

I was wondering if anyone has a script that could be used for online exam taking similar to brainbench.

I have students that I need to login from our existing DB, take an exam once, log the results, and send the results to the user and instructor.

I have seen quizes out there but nothing more robust.
I want on question to appear at a time, like the Microsoft exams.. timer too.

Adding questions should be easy, random questions is a must.

Thanks for any help with this.

Hi,

Have you seen the certification test on Ben Forta's website This is a good example. Still waiting for ben to release the code(if he will)

I have a small questionaire app I wrote a while back. It's a survey rather than a test. Each survey is assigned a unique number. It does present the questions one at a time, and there are radio button selections and a comment section for each question, and a section at the end for final comments. I guess the part I don't have is a means of scoring answers. I seem to recall writing the questions directly into the database. I never used it in production, otherwise, I would have developed a form to add questions. The randomness you could probably handle when you query the DB for the question. Anyway, if this sounds like it would be at all useful to you, I'd be happy to share it with you. Calista :-X
Jedi Knight,
Champion of the Force

Thank you Calista!
Yes I would be interested...

How do I contact you directly?

-- David ;-) Thanks

Hi, David!

dsprang@tollgrade.com Calista :-X
Jedi Knight,
Champion of the Force

Status
Not open for further replies.